On this page, you can find a list of tools, products, and services that we use or have found to be valuable in running successful blogs and businesses.
This page contains affiliate links to the products we recommend. If you make a purchase we receive a commission.
The Basics for Starting a Blog
- Hosting Company: SiteGround
- Theme: We love the themes at Restored316 because they are easy to use and customize.
- Publishing Platform: WordPress
- Computer: Michele is an Apple user, but Gina uses a Chromebook.
- Camera: The great thing about today's smartphones is the camera quality! No need to spend a lot on a high-end camera, especially if you are just starting your business.
Tools That Help You be Professional
Part of owning your own business is spending money for tools and services. Don't be afraid to invest in yourself and your business!
- Canva – used to make graphics, Pins, etc.
- Mailchimp – service to create and send emails to your subscribers
- Tailwind – to schedule Pinterest and Instagram
- Food Photography Training – this ebook from Pinch of Yum is a great way to up your photo game for not a lot of money
Money Making Opportunities
We encourage bloggers to get quality content up on their blogs consistently before considering ad networks.
No matter what the size of your audience, affiliate sales are possible. We use a variety of Affiliate Networks to connect with companies and sell their products for a commission:
Selling Your Own Products
One of the best ways to diversify your income streams is to sell your own products. Starting a Printables store is easier than you think: